David Whittemore / now
What he's doing now?
- Providing architectural expertise to a blockchain gaming concern.
- Efforts to capture and archive Jazz Butcher material is in full effect. Set up a github project and created a custom next-auth/AWS s3 uploader app to allow collaborators to contribute large media files.
- Massive changes to the 700 West Recording website. Completely re-written from HTDB -> nextjs (after 24 years!)
- New contract gig: nextjs/docker-based frontend/api to allow organizations to securely share redacted PII-laden data with other organizations.
- Re-writing my HTDB engine in node.js
- A Nextjs/React app for selling real-world businesses
- Completed 38 months of Netflix contracts. Was responsible for data syncing subsystems in the Netflix hiring app, which handles thousands of applicants per day, data syncing for the Netflix internal travel app, and a re-write of the public-facing Media Center.
- Shopping around for body shops and engine shops to help me complete the restoration of my 1964 Corvair.
- Digitizing the 700 West Recording 2 and 8 channel reel-to-reel tapes to 24bit/192kHz. Learning about the care, feeding, and expense(!) of 40 year old multichannel open reel tape recorders.
- Upgrading the (2,000+ page) Jazz Butcher website to CSS and structured data, with the longterm goal of publishing json and media to archive.org.
- Entertaining employment opportunities. See my resume
What he's not doing now:
- Working for The Man.
- Changing my background image.
Tue Dec 28 12:24:19 PST 2021