David Whittemore / now
What he's doing now?
- I accidentally invented an interesting, super simple role+permission-based route/middleware framework in nodejs to support a frontend's need for fetching data securely.
- Coming to the end of a lengthy (24 month) Netflix contract. Current project is the re-write of a highly visible public-facing application, where I architected and built several micro-services which talk to internal APIs. Async All The Things. Nodejs/nextjs. Other responsibilities: maintaining their internal employee review tool, hacking on internal "employee application" tools (nodejs/rails) using Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc in a AWS and Google app environment. Worked with many cross-discipline teams to accomplish goals.
- Archiving the 700 West Recording reel-to-reel tapes via 24bit/192kHz digitization. Learning about the care and feeding of 40 year old multichannel open reel tape recorders.
- Wrote a gCal extension used by Netflix employee to display profiles of meeting attendees.
- Minor contributions to the PXL2000 project.
- Being excited about the dat protocol for building the distributed web. (Watch this to understand: Beaker weekly livestream)
- Re-writing my HTDB engine in node.js
- I made an animated SVG vacuum coffee timer in React/nextjs See here
- Utilizing React.js/next.js in a new/large project.
- Actively upgrading the (2,000+ page) Jazz Butcher website to CSS and structured data, with the longterm goal of publishing json and media to archive.org.
- Trying to get my start-up I'd Watch That off the ground.
- Entertaining employment opportunities. See my resume
What he's not doing now:
- Working for The Man.
- Changing my background image.
Wed Aug 28 20:02:21 PDT 2019